Clinics & Services
The nursing team see patients for chronic disease management, childhood Immunisations as well as looking at health promotion.
- Asthma/COPD and related respiratory disorders - 9 monthly reviews for adults, 6 monthly for under 16 year old patients – includes peak flow measurement, blood pressure, inhaler use and medication reviews with our new nurse.
- Diabetes Reviews - annual reviews with blood tests prior, includes checks for neuropathy and kidney deterioration, blood pressure, nutrition and medication reviews with Angela and our new nurse.
- Travel Appointments – please complete a travel form with detailed itinerary and book with Angela Stratford. We are a Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre.
- Blood Pressure - regular 3 monthly reviews on all those on medication – or annual reviews if over 40 year old.
- Smears – If you find it difficult getting to the surgery – then pop into Great Oaks Clinic, Basildon from 09:30 – 11:30 any Saturday morning – no appointment necessary (01268 522401).
- Ear Irrigation (syringing) - if you have wax impaction – please try olive oil 3-4 times a day for a week before booking with either nurses for irrigation and ear care advice.
- Cardio Vascular Health Checks – with any of the nurses or our healthcare assistant – for all adults over 40 years old – without pre-existing heart conditions, diabetes or on blood pressure medication.
- Pill Checks - blood pressure, weight and medication reviews with both nurses and our healthcare assistant.
- Dressings - firstly with either of the nurses – then with follow-ups with our healthcare assistant.
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight management
- Specialist Tests – Electrocardiograms (ECG – Heart Tracings Spirometry (Lung Function Tests) or 24 Hour Blood Pressure Monitoring.